Faculty, staff, paid student workers, and other employees
Seek medical attention immediately. Dial 911 if necessary. If the injury results in an immediate medical emergency, initial medical assistance may be obtained by the nearest hospital. Follow up care, however, must be obtained from a Health Care Provider participant.
Report any accident to your supervisor and department safety officer (no matter how minor the injury) so they may fill out an accident report immediately after becoming stabilized following an incident. Reference Penn State Policy SY04.
Phone reporting is intended as a backup method to web based reporting. If using Penn State Reporting call 877-219-7738, location code, is “04.”
- Report any injury to your supervisor/adviser and department safety officer, no matter how minor the injury.
- Report the injury to the Department Head.
- Work with your supervisor and department Safety Officer to accomplish the online report of injury within 48 hours.
- File all necessary signed paperwork with the Worker’s Compensation Office.
- Follow up with Safety Officer and supervisor/adviser to investigate the accident.
Unpaid students, visitors, and non-employees
Seek medical attention immediately. Dial 911 if necessary. If the injury results in an immediate medical emergency, initial medical assistance may be obtained from the nearest hospital. For non-life threatening injuries, please contact University Health Services to obtain medical care and begin the accident reporting process.