Phillip Savage named CIC Department Executive Officer Fellow
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- The Committee on Institutional Cooperation's Department Executive Officers Program has gained five additional Fellows from the Penn State ranks. The CIC is the academic consortium of the Big Ten universities plus the University of Chicago. Through its leadership program, participants who have demonstrated leadership ability through University administrative assignments or through other significant leadership positions in public, private or professional organizations, are aided in further developing their leadership and managerial skills.
Those selected from Penn State for the 2016-17 program have been chosen because of their significant contributions and potential to continue to undertake key leadership responsibilities, which will benefit the unit, University and the individual. Participants are:
- Carolee Bull, professor and head, Department of Plant Pathology and Environmental Microbiology, College of Agricultural Sciences
- Karen Estlund, associate dean and associate professor, technology and digital strategies, University Libraries
- Patria De Lancer Julnes, director and professor, School of Public Affairs, Penn State Harrisburg
- Phillip Savage, professor and head, Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Rose Mary Zbiek, professor and head, Department of Curriculum & Instruction, College of Education
The DEO Fellows will be participating in a three-day seminar Oct. 6-8 in Chicago.
For more information on the CIC, visit http://www.cic.uiuc.edu/.